This proof finished round has a highly polished and mirror surface behind the succubus, this allows for greater contrast in the two fields. The flat surfaces in the Pheli Mint logo are also given a highly polished mirror finish.
2 oz .999 Fine Silver round bearing the roman numerals MMXVI (2016), representing the time when the concept and design were completed.
Every round comes in a capsule with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity (COA).
Metal: .999 Fine Silver
Weight: 2 oz
Edge: Split Reeded with Edge Numbering
COA: Black and white, Individually numbered.
The reverse of this coin bears a image of a seductive, tempting Succubus.
The succubus coin is much more than just a cool image of a pretty girl (although it certainly is). The succubus image has a much deeper and metaphorical meaning to us. It represents the struggle against any form of alluring temptation that may be wrapped in a seductive package but could ultimately lead to your demise.
In traditional folklore the succubus was a beautiful seductive demon who would seduce men, once these men were seduced their health would deteriorate and they would ultimately die. It's possible you could relate to a relationship of this nature where a partner was slowly drawing the life out of you, but on an even deeper level we feel the temptation and deteriorating effects can apply to so many aspects of one's life, not only relationships.
We also feel the succubus can serve as a constant reminder to understand the deeper meaning of anything and ensure we are not blinded by it's beauty or allure.
Lastly we also draw great strength knowing we have overcome challenges and temptations in our lives to breed character and form our personalities. This ultimately led us to our first release titled "Temptation of the Succubus"
The obverse bears our Pheli Mint logo. It is an artistic representation of the symbols that are meaningful to us.
The medical staff, dream catcher and eagle feather element were maintained from Leo's original design.
- The medical staff is homage to our nursing backgrounds and caring and healing that is deep within both of us.
- The dream catcher is said to protect the bearer from bad dreams and let only the good, positive dreams pass through.
- The eagle feather is a special symbol bestowed by members of First Nations. It symbolizes trust, honour, strength and wisdom. It is a powerful symbol and reminder of how to behave to continue to exemplify the characteristics they represent. It was truly an honour for Leo to include this element and we will strive to live up to its meaning.
From there, we continued to add meaningful elements that were important to us.
The maple leaf to signify Canada and the pride we have in being Canadians and all the opportunity that offers.
The animals on each side of the medical staff are chosen by Phil and Eli to further represent each of them and what they hold dear:
- Phil chose the penguins to represent him and his children. The penguin was chosen for it's nurturing qualities and the fact that male penguins hatch the eggs and do much of child-rearing, which is what Phil prides himself most in. The shovel represents Phil's passion for trying to live off the land in a sustainable manner and his growing of a small hobby farm and rural lifestyle.
- Eli chose the wolf to represent himself as a new beginning, symbolizing power and determination to overcome life's challenges. The plumeria was added to represent a family history of greenhouse nurseries and a personal passion of horticulture.